2016 was a good year with three international trips. I went to Portugal and Spain in March, to Poland in May, and to Costa Rica in summer. During my international trips and some small trips near my house I made a lot of photographs.
I hope you can help me choosing my best photo of 2016 by telling me in the comment section below. The photos are in chronological order.
I will also tell you something about 2017.
Before I start I want to honor my grandfather who passed away in 2016. He meant a lot to me. His stories about countries far away with animals beyond imagination really inspired me as a kid. For the first time I had to miss his phone call with the sentence: “Will you be careful (because some snakes are very venomous)”. He just wanted to be sure. I miss him.
1. Southern Smooth Snake (Coronella girondica).
6. Eastern Tree Frog (Hyla orientalis).
7. European Bison (Bison bonasus).
9. Sand Lizard (Lacerta agilis).
12. Scorpion species from Monteverde, Costa Rica.
14. Tiger Rat Snake (Spilotes pullatus).
15. Tiger Rat Snake (Spilotes pullatus).
16. Helmeted Basilisk (Corytophanes cristatus).
18. Eyelash Viper (Bothriechis schlegelii).
19. Green Iguana (Iguana iguana).
22. Resplendent Quetzal (Pharomachrus mocinno).
23. Blue-throated Toucanets (Aulacorhynchus caeruleogularis).
25. Magnificent Frigatebirds (Fregata magnificens).
26. Eyelash Viper (Bothriechis schlegelii).
27. Eyelash Viper (Bothriechis schlegelii).
28. Eyelash Viper (Bothriechis schlegelii).
29. Eyelash Viper (Bothriechis schlegelii).
30. Brown Vine Snake (Oxybelis aeneus).
31. Red-eyed Leaf Frog (Agalychnis callidryas).
34. Anole sp.
35. Strawberry Poison-dart Frog (Oophaga pumilio).
37. Strawberry Poison-dart Frog (Oophaga pumilio).
Which one is your favorite? Please tell me in the comments section below.
2016 was a great photographical year, especially in Costa Rica. I will definitely visit Costa Rica again someday.
In 2017 I will visit Ecuador. I am already very excited!
Photographing, editing my photos, and writing a report costs a lot of time and energy. I love doing it (it is my passion), but it would be great if you ‘like’ or ‘share’ this report. Also writing a reply feels very rewarding. Also feel free to ask me for information when you are planning your trip.
If you want to stay up to date about my reports and adventures feel free to follow me on different social media. You can find the buttons on top of this page.